We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our stores, over the phone, online, via email, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media.
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- Intrepid Technology trading as Magbility
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within the Intrepid Technology Ltd Group.
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do send direct marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you want us to stop then here’s Please email us on : [email protected]
- We also use your information to display more relevant online advertising and marketing relating to our products and services on websites across the Intrepid Technology Group on other websites and online media channels.
- Our websites and apps are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect children’s data.
What sort of information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Information required to make decisions about your applications for products and services we offer such as insurance and motability.
- Your account login details for our websites and apps, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, and how you interact with them. For example whether the communication has been opened, if you have clicked on any links within that communication and the device you used. We do this because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services;
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information. For example credit reference agencies such as Experian, the Royal Mail, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases, marketing and research companies, social media providers, pay TV providers and the DVLA, as well as information that is publicly available; and
- Information captured by our CCTV, automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) and body worn recording devices (together ‘CCTV’) if you visit any of our premises.
Our legal basis for processing your information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose (s);
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract:: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.